Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beginning of a a new project

Soo I am tired... but I have a project to work on... I guess working all day wasn't helpful. I am making a poster for the play Amahl and the Night Visitors. As I looked into the play I realized I've seen it before... with my grandmother... I remember when King Jasper was showing Amahl the magic stones... I remember the excitement, and the idea of pretty stones containing magical powers... I was seven...

Now I am going to be 23... and I am not sure where my life is taking to me. I went to my college yesterday. One of my professors was smoking outside of the art building. She told me she was in the middle of class, and that this was her favorite building. I said, "yea.. it was my favorite building too..."
She said, "It was your home."

... ... ... I couldn't say it still is... the hours I spent there are logged away in my head. Hours in the studio, in class, being with my classmates, talking to my janitor friends, they're all spent. But, now there is a distance. I feel older like it was all a long time ago, but it hasn't been so. I won't say I miss it, or that I wish I could stay longer... but the more my mind lingers there... the more I want to create and be the person I wanted to be during school, and maybe I am slowly getting there

No comments:

Post a Comment