Thursday, February 17, 2011

thinking things through

I've been working a lot. Things are better than they were before. I got promoted to a shift supervisor, and I've been gaining more work experience and responsibility. It's just been challenging trying to make the demands of student loans... I have this weight on my conscience that I am not ready to marry under the circumstances and debt, I will bring into the relationship. I've been thinking about joining the Navy for some help with loans, and work experience... I'm just nervous.

I've been doing volunteer work for a group called Art Smart. I had a meeting at a crowded cafe in Lancaster City with the director this morning. I explained my feelings about helping kids who are in the correction facility. I'll admit it's intimidating, but the cause is worth while. I will be planing a mural project for them coming up in March. The director shifted conversations and asked me about my work...

... ... I admited that I've been picking up pieces. That to create is harder than it was before... .. I've spent so much money towards my education, and a complete hault is in my near future. The director agreed and said,"well most fine artists don't make it.." My throat felt choked so I put down my coffee.. She continued, "however there is a wall for emerging artists, I got some connections, if you got a a cohesive body of work, and courage."

I said,"that would be really helpful."



where to start?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Molly,
    I'm a student artist, too. I've just started following your blog. Don't give up! You can make it! I'm here if you ever need encouragement!!! Take care and good luck in your endeavors!


    -Jeanie
    http://artsaccomplicegalleryandstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete