Saturday, August 29, 2009

Paintings and Prints 2008-09

At Cedar Crest College there are three things no Art Student can escape with out knowing. They are the Art class's female Model. The Statue of a decapitated nude boy squeezing a fish. And this fellow Baum, this is a painting of the bust of Baum. His face crooked because the bust was made post stroke.
This is a painting of my boyfriend's parents. I made them a christmas gift in 2007. It's slightly odd, but I feel a sense of Jackson Pollock, especially his early work "Going West". I used similar browns and the sofa adds the same oval composition.
This is a lion fish, my first wood cut print. I love using wood cut. There is a straigh line crossing through the eye. I accidently slipped the blade and cut my finger. I got frustrated, but then I took a break went online and started looking up internships. I then got an internship at Landis Valley Museum for the Summer, cool right.
This a painted box for my Boyfriend, Derek for Christmas. The guy loves owls. I wasn't sure about posting this image because I am not keen about the style. It reminds me so much of the Harry Potter Fan art... although if I wanted I could submit in a Harry Potter fan art contest... and.... and...
This is a study of Derek. This is a fun story. We were both at my favorite coffee shop for dinner. I started to draw pictures of him on napkins. Oddly enough, I started to get attention from passerbys. So I went out got a canvas and the painted a study of him watching Family Guy... yes it is that easy.
Derek, as a college requirement, has to take, Art History. He had to write a paper on one thing he thought is Art and one thing that he doesn't consider Art. He chose to bring in my painting of him as Art. His professor, said my painting style resembled Van Gogh. Blushing.... although Van Gogh did go insane, and I hope very much that isn't in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment