Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sketches 2008-09

This is one of my latest nude studies, Spring 2009. My art professor sophomore year said my work resembles Kathy Kollwitz. I love Kolwitz's prints and figure studies. But, they really scare me.. they represent the dark fear of loss and grief.

2009, I love the belly and legs of this figure. Something definitely went right. 2009
This is an adstract drawing, drawn from a close up of a still life. I saw fish and I used magazines as a method for adding color.
This is a nude study, it's ok. I really like the belly again. I love the shadows on necks, and they always appear very strong.
This is a 30 piece still life drawn in 2008. Want to count the images? I just tried and gave up. My favorite is the sketch of the lantern. Go to the water bucket, follow the spout and there is the top of the lantern.
This a water color and charcoal drawing from 2009
2009
This is a portrait of a girl from my drawing class in 2008.
Study for the painting Baum.
2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment