Thursday, October 1, 2009

james Bloomfield

This is a print by James Bloomfield. I found him in an antique store in Kentucky. I can not explain why I really love this print. I honestly debated spending seventy five dollars for it. The print reminds me of an artwork I've seen before, but I don't remember. I just feel a strong like for it... odd right?
James Bloomfield he is a folk artist who lives as a hermit in the mountains. Most of his art is wood carvings that have a religious theme... I just tore apart my dorm room looking for the brochure from the antique store, and I tried to find information on him online, but I can only find small bits of information on him and his place with the self taught and outsider artists. The most informative page I found is his blog site... I can potentially be a fan...

1 comment:

  1. So I realize this is way late, considering you posted this last fall but this print instantly reminded me of Egon Schiele's work. Just a thought. I really like your blog Molly! I hope you keep up with it!
    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete