Saturday, September 5, 2009

Beginning of an Artist Statement

I wrote down words today to form an artist statement. It's not personal, most of it is common sense. I took Nature Writing last year, and I did well in the course. It's an odd genre of writing because as I sat in class, I felt a sense of looming danger as a consequence for carelessness. All Nature writers feel this; they write with hope to encourage others to act. As it should be because things may be bad, but they can always change. After explaining this, I want to write my scattered words.

Random Words for Artist Statement

Nature is to Human, repeating patterns and syststems
Humans have need to control chaos but life is random
Lose of control random probability, repeling electrons
beauty in reflection. Experience gained by time
Frankenstein
Adventure, lesson, risk-choice
Millions of beliefs, all valid by each own person, inequality
"Everything you imagine is real": Picasso
Collage of diversity
Ugly is to beauty as Nature is to Human
beauty is to ugly as Nature is to Human
Fate vs Freewill
Either Romantic thinking or not
Learn to love Nature
or natural diseaster for future generations
Learn to embrace eachother
or human diseaster for future generations
by existance of art we may communicate through different times and spaces
Welcome many individual realities and identities because everything ties
together

I want to write my first draft next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment